Creating a Clean Bedroom
How To Get Started Decluttering
The best way to start is by taking it one step at a time. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
Throw Out All Trash
The first step is to get rid of all the trash in your bedroom. This includes old clothes, broken toys, and expired cosmetics. By getting rid of all the unnecessary items in your room, you can make space for the things you need.
Remove Unnecessary Items
The next step is to remove all the items that take up excess space in your bedroom, including furniture from other rooms, toys, and dirty clothes. Once you put these things back in their proper place, you’ll have more space for the things that actually belong in your bedroom. From there, you can organize the remaining items and have an easier time finding things when you need them.
Invest in New Furniture
Practical storage furnishings are essential if you want to keep your bedroom clean. Cubbies, shelves and under-bed totes help keep clothes, shoes, toys, books and other items neat and organized. Consider some of the following furniture items for all your bedroom storage needs:
- Dressers – Available in five, six, and even nine-drawer options, dressers allow you to organize your favorite outfits and accessories. Many dressers also provide extra room for bed linens and other personal items.
- Nightstands – Bedside tables let you keep important items within arm’s reach. A nightstand typically comes with a spacious tabletop and a roomy drawer or shelf, giving you a place to set books, lamps, eyeglasses and other small trinkets that would otherwise end up on the floor.
- Chests of Drawers – A space-saving alternative to a wide dresser, a chest makes it easier to keep clothing organized in a small bedroom.
- Storage Beds – Choose a bed with a lower trundle or storage drawer to hold slippers, extra pillows or other odds and ends.
- Cabinets and Armoires – Running low on closet space? A tall wardrobe or armoire could be the perfect storage solution for those who need more room to hang up coats and formal attire.