The Benefits of a Clean Bedroom
A clean bedroom can give you a sense of accomplishment and boost your self-esteem. When you take the time to organize and tidy up your space, you’re effectively taking control of your environment and proving to yourself that you are capable of completing tasks. This can be an important step in building self-confidence.
Promotes Better Sleep
When bedtime rolls around, having to navigate through a messy room can lead to a lack of sleep and have a negative impact on your mindset and the quality of your rest. You may find it hard to ignore all the excess stuff in your bedroom so you can feel calm enough to doze off. A comfortable, well-organized bedroom design with a clean layout and a soothing color palette are the perfect ingredients for deep and restful slumber.
How To Get Started Decluttering
Now that you know the many benefits of having a clean bedroom, it’s time to learn how to declutter your home. The best way to start is by taking it one step at a time. Here are a few tips to help you get started:
Throw Out All Trash
The first step is to get rid of all the trash in your bedroom. This includes old clothes, broken toys, and expired cosmetics. By getting rid of all the unnecessary items in your room, you can make space for the things you need.
Keeping trash in your bedroom can also lead to bad smells, pests, and an overall messy appearance. By getting rid of the trash, you can create a fresh and clean environment that is conducive to relaxation and productivity.
Remove Unnecessary Items
The next step is to remove all the items that take up excess space in your bedroom, including furniture from other rooms, toys, and dirty clothes. Once you put these things back in their proper place, you’ll have more space for the things that actually belong in your bedroom. From there, you can organize the remaining items and have an easier time finding things when you need them.
Invest in New Furniture
Practical storage furnishings are essential if you want to keep your bedroom clean. Cubbies, shelves and under-bed totes help keep clothes, shoes, toys, books and other items neat and organized. Consider some of the following furniture items for all your bedroom storage needs:
- Dressers – Available in four, six, and even nine-drawer options, dressers allow you to organize your favorite outfits and accessories. Many dressers also provide extra room for bed linens and other personal items.
- Nightstands – Bedside tables let you keep important items within arm’s reach. A nightstand typically comes with a spacious tabletop and a roomy drawer or shelf, giving you a place to set books, lamps, eyeglasses and other small trinkets that would otherwise end up on the floor.
- Chests of Drawers – A space-saving alternative to a wide dresser, a chest makes it easier to keep clothing organized in a small bedroom.
- Storage Beds – Choose a bed with a lower trundle or storage drawer to hold slippers, extra pillows or even your entire seasonal wardrobe.
- Cabinets and Armoires – Running low on closet space? A tall wardrobe or armoire could be the perfect storage solution for those who need more room to hang up coats and formal attire.
Along with helping the layout look good, creating a clean, organized bedroom can ensure that you feel relaxed, calm and cozy when it’s time to snuggle into bed. Use these tips to get your bedroom decluttering project underway and enjoy the benefits of your newly cleaned space.